24/7 central command to monitor health and respond to health crises
WE FIGURE OUT WHAT WORKS
Research that leads to the best solutions to fight disease and protect health
WE GET RESULTS
Proven, lifesaving ways to defend against health threats
CDC WORKS to Respond, Contain, and Eliminate Disease
WHEREVER IT IS.
CDC works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep America healthy, safe, and secure.
WE PUT SCIENCE INTO ACTION
- Turning new research into tools and actions that save more lives
- Tracking diseases to take the pulse of America’s health
WE RESPOND, CONTAIN, AND ELIMINATE HEALTH THREATS
- 100+ labs identify diseases, food-borne outbreaks, biosecurity threats, and environmental hazards
- Trusted world-class scientists discovering microbes that threaten Americans
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Working with state, local, and territorial public health departments to investigate and protect against health threats
- Providing states with support and technical know-how to increase their impact
WE KEEP YOU SAFE.
24/7 U.S. emergency public health response
Rapid disease detection and containment
Stopping diseases from reaching the U.S.
Lifesaving medicines for disasters and attacks
- Page last reviewed: July 28, 2017
- Page last updated: July 28, 2017
- Content source: