This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Content on this page was developed during the Zika Action Plan Summit April 2016 and has not been updated.
For current, updated information on the Zika Virus, see the CDC Zika Virus website.
Goals of the Summit
- Provide state and local senior officials with information and tools needed to improve Zika preparedness and response within their states and jurisdictions.
- Increase knowledge on the latest Zika science, including implications for pregnant women.
- Increase knowledge of best communications practices, including crisis and risk communication principles.
- Accelerate readiness for local Zika transmission through training and technical assistance to states to help establish and support surveillance and share best practices for vector control.
- Identify possible gaps in preparedness and response at the federal, state, and local levels, and help to begin to address possible gaps.
Vital Signs: Zika & Pregnancy