Ventral root of spinal nerve
|Ventral root of spinal nerve|
The formation of the spinal nerve from the dorsal and ventral roots
|Latin||radix anterior nervi spinalis|
At its distal end, the ventral root joins with the dorsal root to form a mixed spinal nerve.
- Cervical vertebra
- Medulla spinalis
- A spinal nerve with its anterior and posterior.
- The motor tract.
- Diagrammatic transverse section of the medulla spinalis and its membranes.
- A portion of the spinal cord, showing its right lateral surface. The dura is opened and arranged to show the nerve roots.
- Scheme showing structure of a typical spinal nerve.
- Anatomy figure: 02:04-12 at Human Anatomy Online, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Atlas image: n3a6p1 at the University of Michigan Health System - "Autonomic Connections of the Spinal Cord"
- Anatomy Atlases - Microscopic Anatomy, plate 06.114 - "Spinal Root Nerve Fibers"
- Diagram at tcc.fl.edu (look for #2)