Removal of a giant hepatocellular adenoma via lobectomy of left liver lobe
A lobectomy of the lung is performed in early stage non-small cell lung cancer patients. It is not performed on patients that have lung cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. Tumor size, type, and location are major factors as to whether a lobectomy is performed. This can be due to cancer or smoking. Lung lobectomies are performed on patients as young as eleven or twelve who have no cancer or smoking history, but have conditions from birth or early childhood that need the operation. Such patients will have reduced lung capacity which tends to limit their range of activities through life. They often need to use inhalers on a daily basis, and are often classified as being asthmatic.
- Rocco G, Internullo E, Cassivi SD, Van Raemdonck D, Ferguson MK (August 2008). "The variability of practice in minimally invasive thoracic surgery for pulmonary resections". Thoracic Surgery Clinics. 18 (3): 235–47. doi:10.1016/j.thorsurg.2008.06.002. PMID 18831498.
- Wright G, Manser RL, Byrnes G, Hart D, Campbell DA (July 2006). "Surgery for non-small cell lung cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials". Thorax. 61 (7): 597–603. doi:10.1136/thx.2005.051995. PMC 2104670. PMID 16449262.
- Howington JA, Blum MG, Chang AC, Balekian AA, Murthy SC (May 2013). "Treatment of stage I and II non-small cell lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines". Chest. 143 (5 Suppl): e278S–e313S. doi:10.1378/chest.12-2359. PMID 23649443.
- Downard CD, Calkins CM, Williams RF, Renaud EJ, Jancelewicz T, Grabowski J, Dasgupta R, McKee M, Baird R, Austin MT, Arnold MA, Goldin AB, Shelton J, Islam S (September 2017). "Treatment of congenital pulmonary airway malformations: a systematic review from the APSA outcomes and evidence based practice committee". Pediatric Surgery International. 33 (9): 939–953. doi:10.1007/s00383-017-4098-z. PMID 28589256.
- Kazachkov M, Palma JA, Norcliffe-Kaufmann L, Bar-Aluma BE, Spalink CL, Barnes EP, Amoroso NE, Balou SM, Bess S, Chopra A, Condos R, Efrati O, Fitzgerald K, Fridman D, Goldenberg RM, Goldhaber A, Kaufman DA, Kothare SV, Levine J, Levy J, Lubinsky AS, Maayan C, Moy LC, Rivera PJ, Rodriguez AJ, Sokol G, Sloane MF, Tan T, Kaufmann H (August 2018). "Respiratory care in familial dysautonomia: Systematic review and expert consensus recommendations". Respiratory Medicine. 141: 37–46. doi:10.1016/j.rmed.2018.06.017. PMC 6084453. PMID 30053970.